Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Great Skincare Routine

So I know that in this fast and furious day and age, having a proper skin care routine seems like more of a job than a priority. But most of us also don't realize how important it really is! We can brush our teeth twice a day, so why not spend an extra 5 minutes taking care of something that we can never replace?!

First, you need a good cleanser. Personally, I usually have 2. My first cleanser is a very gentle one essentially responsible for removing my makeup. My gentle cleanser of choice is Bare Mineral's Purifying Cleanser. It hydrates the skin, melts your makeup and is super soft. A cheaper solution is Cetaphil, found at most drug stores. My second cleanser is to fight my acne. I was given the Dermadoctor Ain't Misbehavin' acne fighting cleanser that has an abundance of salicylic acid to kill the bacteria that causes acne.

This next step is optional. I use a toner, also by Dermadoctor, called Litmus Test. For those of you don't know the purpose of a toner, it helps to regulate the PH level of your skin. This toner also helps to minimize pores, keeps your skin looking young, and is also soap, fragrance and oil free. But please make sure that your wear at least SPF 15

My serum of choice is the DDF Wrinkle Resist Pore Minimizer. Thus far, I'm in love with this product mainly because it helps to regulate the oil production in your face. It also acts as a really nice primer. The main downfall to this product is that it's so expensive. For 1.7 oz, this product costs a staggering $85. Reviews on Ulta.com indicates that it's a pretty popular product overall, so perhaps it's very much worth the money.

Moisturizer is an essential part of your skin care routine. I know that a lot of people with oily skin are thinking that they can't use moisturizer because it will make them more oily, but to the contrary. When you don't moisturize your skin, your skin becomes dehydrated which causes it to produce more oil than necessary. Personally, I have 2 moisturizers, one for day and one for night, but if you can find to suit you for both, I definitely encourage it. The ones that I use are the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel and the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. The gel is for daytime as it's light weight and doesn't make you oily and the lotion is for the night time as it's heavier and more hydrating.
I know that seems like a lot, but you have to personalize your skincare to fit your needs. You don't have to follow my map to a T, and believe me, I'm not always faithful to it either. But as long as you follow a skincare routine the majority of the time, you're heading in the right direction.

Just a reminder, I will be hosting my Makeup Seminar on August 4 @ 2pm. Location is TBA. The price is $35. You can check out the seminar in the link above. 

And as always, if you have any questions/comments/complaints/requests, leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment