Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Favorite Foundations

In my day, I've worked with a lot of foundations, so here is a list of my favorites that I've worn and that I've used on others.

Liquid Foundations:

Makeup Forever HD Foundation - $42

I kept hearing about the Makeup Forever HD Foundation while I was in Los Angeles. I was even tempted to buy it, but like a good poor student, I waited. So as a birthday present to myself (after I was finished with school), and to date it is my favorite foundation. It looks amazing, it's extremely light weight and people just assume that my skin looks amazing rather than that I pack on the foundation. Unfortunately we don't sell it at Ulta, or it would always be sold out. The only down fall is that it does make you a little bit more oily, but if you find a good mattifier, you should be okay.


Napoleon Perdis China Doll Foundation - $50

The China Doll foundation has its name for a reason. It's medium to full coverage, oil free and SPF 15. There's also a lot of skin care benefits in all of the Napoleon Perdis products. There aren't many colors, but the colors that they do have are really nice. And actually, if you have a hard skin tone to match, I generally go to Napoleon first because the colors are extremely wearable. You don't need a powder to set it, but if you have oily skin, I'd go ahead and dust some on just to absorb the excess from your T-Zone. To me the only downfall is that it's expensive. But from what I understand you don't need a primer, so in the long run, you're actually saving money.

Smashbox HD Foundation - $38

So I know this is like a conflict of interest, but I do love this HD foundation as well. Mind you, I don't love it as much as the Makeup Forever one, but perhaps I'm just bias. It does give pretty good coverage and it goes only relatively evenly, but you have to be taking good care of your skin in order to get the best wear out of it. Moisturize, prime and perfect are the steps for achieving perfect application. To me those steps have become second nature, but for the woman that hasn't perfected this _____ yet, perhaps this isn't the foundation for you. The last things is that Smashbox has a ton of colors and undertones, so no matter what, the expert you're working with should be able to match you!

Powder Foundations:
Benefit Hello Flawless Powder Foundation - $34

Let me just tell you how awesome this foundation is. It's easy and compact and it gives better coverage than some liquid foundation. It's a good touch up powder if you use a fluffy brush (one is included when you buy the powder). It's great if you're in a hurry or always on the go. It also has SPF 15 which is nice. And a wide variety of colors! I really don't have much to say about it expect that it is just great!

As always, if you like what you see, please leave a comment. And if you have any requests/questions/complaints, feel free to let me know.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment