Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Product Review: Better Than False Lashes

So in my heaps of gratis,  along with getting to try the Big Fatty Macara, I also got to try the new Too Face: Better Than False Lashes Mascara ($35).

So this particular mascara requires 3 steps and two different mascara tubes. The first, longer mascara is step one and three. You apply it first, apply the lengthening agent and then reapply the first mascara.

And let me just tell you, I'm also not a fan of this mascara. First of all, the mascara is too sticky for my liking. I understand that it's to grab on to the second step, but it's literally like having glue on my lashes. Secondly, the second step at first look seems like a cotton fibers. Upon more research, it is nylon fibers. Either way, it cannot be Optomologist Tested. I have makeup allergies that have been acting up the last couple of weeks and it irritated my eyes like nobody's business. The entire day it felt like there was something scratching my eye.

And finally, the mascara claims to be "better than false lashes," as it so states in the title. In my opinion, it was a great disappointment. Sure, maybe it made my slightly longer, but there was absolutely no volume added to my lashes. I was told by my boss that in order to add volume that I should use another mascara instead of the first mascara. And who on earth wants to pay $35 for a mascara, only to have to use an additional mascara to add volume?

I give the Too Face: Better Than False Lashes mascara a 4 out of a possible 10.

As always, if you have any questions, comments or concerns, please leave a comment below!

***********************

Guys and gals, the seminar is in 11 days! There are only 4 seats left! Everyone will leave with a brand new, full size door prize and the confidence to do your makeup like a pro!

Only $35 to get in attend! E-mail me at eem461@gmail.com to reserve your spot now!

2 comments:

  1. My lashes have been super sensitive too lately! I went to mineral mascara and they feel better but still kinda "crunchy" by the end of the day! The benefit mascaras all work really well imo,look wise, but still irritate! Im on the quest for a comfortable feeling and great looking mascara as well, let me know if you find anything!
    -Mandy H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try Clinique if you haven't already. Their claim is that they're 100% hypoallergenic. I also love the Benefit mascaras. I got them as gratis for work.

    If Clinique doesn't work, Neutragena and Almay are also supposed to be very hypoallergenic.

    ReplyDelete