Sunday, September 2, 2012

License or No License?

For those of you who don't know, I'm eventually going back to school to get my estheticians license. I've been talking to a lot of people who went back to school to get their license and most of the time I get positive feedback about it. There are those, however, that don't think it's necessary. So this poses the question: To get license or not to get licensed?

One of the major benefits in my books is that it opens many a door for you. If you run your own business, you can take your skills and license on the road. You can work in a salon if you so choose, as either a makeup artist or an esthetician. Or both! Double the money.

So the obvious benefit to going to school is the education. In order to get a truly beautiful makeup, you really have to understand the skin that the makeup will be on. So much can go wrong if you don't understand the skin you're working with.

Another thing people have told me is that it's really not worth getting an estheticians license, that it's more practical to get a cosmetology license. And to those people I give a straight up no. I toyed with the idea for oh, maybe half a second, and then I realized 2 things: 1. Not only do I hate hair, but 2. It would be a great injustice to who ever got stuck with me as a stylist. So I've decided to leave it to the professionals that love their jobs.

So what's your opinion: license or no license?

No comments:

Post a Comment