Sunday, September 16, 2012

Favorite Eye Shadow Brands

So with all of the brands out there saying that they have the best eye shadows, how do you know which ones are really awesome? Some of them are obvious, others not so much. But here are my favorite shadows:

1. Urban Decay
So this one is more obvious as to why I like them. Frosty, awesome colors and they're really creamy. I have a few of the new ones and a few of the old ones. I have to say that they both are amazing. Plus, they always come out with the best palettes. Basically the only thing that I don't like about Urban Decay is that they don't have enough matte colors. Frosty colors are great, but you can't always make a look with frosty colors. $18 each.

2. MAC
While MAC shadows are not nearly as creamy as the Urban shadows, but the frosty ones are pretty nice. They also have a lot of matte colors, which aren't as pigmented as I'd like, but it's still better than none. Plus, you can get them pre-depotted. And there is one obvious perk: the back to MAC program. For every 6 eye shadows you return, you can get 1 shadow or lip stick/gloss. Awesome! $15 each?

3. NYX
NYX is a cheap brand that can be found at a variety of venues, from HEB to Ulta. But don't let the price fool you! While I'm not partial to a few things in the NYX line, I love their shadows! They're really pigmented and they also have a ton of frosty AND matte shadows. Plus, they have a lot of good palettes at really fair prices. 

4. Bare Minerals
When I was first introduced to Bare Minerals, they only had loose pigments. Some of them are VERY pigmented and some of them are not. Some of them stay and some of them blend away. Overall though, for a mineral pigment, they are pretty great. Just make sure to use a primer underneath them. The pressed ones, while convenient, aren't in my opinion as good as the loose pigments. They're very pigmented and smooth, but perhaps I'm set in my ways. The only real complaints I have are they don't have many matte colors that don't look chalky or difficult to blend.

5. Pur Minerals
While they don't have many colors and they're not overly pigmented, the colors they have are matte and they always seem to have the perfect color I'm looking for. They have the perfect matte pink/cream color. I like them as accessories to a look, not necessarily as a total look. Plus they're easy to blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment